Jack Sparrow Aka Johnny Depp's Pirates of The Caribbean 5 topped the extended weekend in North America by collecting $78 million which is slightly higher than the early estimates. Though these numbers are not that great and are the second lowest in the franchise. But it has been saved by the massive opening at the global box office.
Reportedly it has opened to $300 million in overseas in the extended weekend with China contributing the most. Disney is expecting the film to finish at $850 million at the worldwide box office. The producers will make a profit of around $280 million.
The other release Baywatch starring Dwane Johnson sank at the domestic markets with four days total at $23 million. It even opened lower than Guardians of The Galaxy Vol 2 which was in its 4th weekend. The budget of the film is $68 million and now the makers will be hoping for a better run in the overseas markets where it will open this week.
2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 $25.2 million
3. Baywatch $23 million
4. Alien: Covenant $13.15 million
5. Everything, Everything $7.38 million
6. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul $5.8 million
7.Snatched $4.9 million
8. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword $4.1 million
9. The Boss Baby $2.3 million
10. Beauty and the Beast $1.9 million